Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nelson = Hopeless Romantic

So, lately I've been dealing with some matters of the heart with one of my children.  It has taken me back to those days and I've been doing a lot of reminising of past relationships I had when I was his age.  But what is funny is that as I look at each of my children and at My Man and I, I can see so clearly what a bunch of Hopeless Romatics we all are. 

My Man cracks me up because he will preach and preach to the kids about dating and not getting caught up in one person too soon. Which is great advice.  But, when it comes right down to it, he is the first person to fall in love with any of the kids' "love interests" that they might bring home.  He said to me not too long ago after one of our sons ended a relationship that he was in, "Honey, I dont think he should bring anymore girls home to meet us, because this is too hard".  I totally got him!  I really did.  That's the sad truth about it all.  Even Michael said to me the other day, "I swear I cant help it, I take after you and Dad, I'm so impatient I cant wait to fall in love".

Well, it's so true.  Nelson = Hopeless Romantic.  I do love that about my boys though.  They will each make wonderful husbands because they love with all their hearts and so very deeply.  My Man and I fell in love so quickly and we couldn't wait to be together forever.  We preach to the boys to be patient and not to rush things but then when you look at us, after 3 dates we knew we were hooked and there was no turning back!

 I have to admitt it is a bit heart wrenching going thru the process of watching our oldest date and break up and learn and grow as he is seeking to find that special someone whom he will spend the rest of his life with.  Hopefully he will soon find that special someone and my heart can take a break!  Love sure can be a roller coaster ride!

"Still a hopeless romantic"!

No comments:

Post a Comment