Sunday, October 9, 2011

Crocheting....my new favorite pass time...again

Recently I bought a small crocheted washcloth like these here.  I brought it home and was extremely impressed with the way it cleaned my granite counter tops.  So, I instantly fell in love with it and decided that I needed to learn how to crochet my own washcloths.  So, I enlisted the help of my friend Marie down the street who brought out several of her own and proceeded to teach me how to crochet them.
Here are a couple of green ones that I made and now I'm working on making more.  I am hoping to have several colorful ones made that I can sell at a boutique we are doing at the end of the month.
You need to use 100% cotton yarn for these and an "H" hook. Super easy and super strong washcloths.



Years ago when my kids were little I became friends with a young girl I met at girls camp.  She and I quickly became very close friends even though I am about 19 years older than her....what can I say, I'm young at heart;).  Anyway, she taught me how to crochet.  She used a very big hook like the blue one you see here.
Anyway, she made some blankets for my kids and then she taught me how to make them and I went crazy.  Seems like I made about 4 or 5 of them for different people.  So, since I started making the washcloths, I decided to make me another afghan of fall colors.  Here's the starting of my new one.  You do use 3 scanes of yarn at a time and you'll probably do this about 3 or 4 times.  I'll post the finshed product when I am done.  Crocheting is so relaxing and rewarding.  If I can do it....anyone can!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa I love the one you gave me! I would love to buy a few more from you :) Can I????

    ReplyDelete