Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just some thoughts on being patient...


 Okay, can I just say that I am trying, trying to be patient.  It's getting to be that time of year when I like to do some baking and decorating to enjoy the fall and this wonderful season.  However, we are completely immersed in the finishing of our home. And it is taking forever!  Last weekend I planned to spend the entire day on Saturday helping paint but because I am now working full time, on Saturday I play catch up all day just to be ready to start another week of work and school on Monday for our family.  It was exhausting.  So, this week I am really trying hard to keep up on the house on a daily basis so that I can help at the house all day on Saturday.  My Man hates to eat fast food especially when we are home, however, I think it's gonna have to be a fast food weekend if I am gonna be able to concentrate on the house instead of cooking and cleaning.  Right now it's all the finishing touches.  A lot of painting of trim, baseboards and walls.  Putting in light fixtures.  The carpet is supposed to be the last thing that goes in and we are scheduled for next week.  But we still have toilets to set, the cabinet doors to finish and install, etc, etc,....

So, the sad thing about it for me is that all my fall decorations are packed away.  I feel like I am going to totally miss all the holidays this year.  Before we know it, we'll be knee deep in snow and I will just be setting up house and it will be Christmas.  Then the new year will start and it won't be til next year that I get to enjoy this time of year again.  I never realized how much I loved fall until we moved to Utah.  The season changes are so beautiful!  Especially when you get to see the mountains all around you and how much they change with the passing of one season to another.  Well, back to work I go.  I'm hoping that I can practice making  patience a virtue!

No comments:

Post a Comment