Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Don't you just love new beginnings?  I sure do.  I work very hard the last couple of days before New Years to get all of my Christmas stuff down and put away.  I really look forward to Celebrating the New Year without looking at last years decorations.  I love that new start, clean slate feeling.  Especially now that I am working fulltime I so much enjoy being home and just enjoying my home and my surroundings.  I love how everything says "okay, let's get started with making this a productive and happy new year". 

So, we had FHE last night and we talked about the Book Of Mormon and how it is the corner stone of our testimonies.  We had all the kids home.  It's been great having Michael home more lately.  He is so his own person now but the last couple of nights he was actually home and had dinner with us.  I miss him.  He is so raring to go in his life.  I know if he could he would get married right now and start his life without any hesitation. But his girlfriend is thinking about going on a mission and so he has put on the brakes with his plans to get married and he has changed gears and has already made other plans to be productive in his new life.  He has interviewed and been hired to work this summer in Alaska as a tour guide.  I'm excited for him.  He should earn himself enough money to buy himself a car when he gets back. 

Before I went to bed last night I read the whole front part of the Book of Mormon in preparation for my study this year in it.  I felt accomplished and ready this morning when I got up to start my day.  So, now is the time once again.  To start over new.  To make new committments.  To be hopeful and to be determined to make this a better year than the last one.  To review and re-evaluate where I am today compared to where I was a year ago and to decide what will change.  What will I deem as most important.  For me as long as I include my Father in Heaven in all I do and read my scriptures and pray first and foremost, I know he will lead me in the right direction and I will find success, happiness and prosperity in this New Year!  It may not look exactly like I have planned in my head right now, but it will all work out just as long as I put first things first, I'm sure of it!

So, here's to a happy and prosperous new year to you and yours and me and mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment