Saturday, February 25, 2012

Peace

Peace.  This word has been on my mind a lot lately.  The other day I was having a hard day and as I was talking with a friend and he asked me, "what was it that challenged your peace"?  I thought that this was a very interesting question.  In fact I thought it was kind of a silly question at first.  Then the more I thought about it the more I realized that this was a very thought provoking question for me.

We all want peace right?  I mean come on I am almost 50 years old now.  At this point in my life "Peace" is about the only thing that really matters anymore.  So, as I thought more on what actually challenged my "peace", I realized that in order to have peace in my life regardless of what happens, I need to do those things that bring that peace.  So, here are some of the things that bring me peace.

1.  I feel peace when I get plenty of sleep
2.  I feel peace when I take a long walk to start my day
3.  I feel peace when my home is clean and orderly
4.  I feel peace when I spend time with my children
5.  I feel peace when I pray with a sincere heart
6.  I feel peace when I don't over eat
7.  I feel peace when I take time for me
8.  I feel peace when I attend the temple worthily
9.  I feel peace when My Man and I are on the same page
10.I feel peace when I remember I have a best friend who gets me when no one else does

These things are true for me.  What brings you peace?

2 comments:

  1. I feel peace with all those you wrote down..they were perfect and right on, I also feel peace when I look at each of my children and know they are happy at that moment..there is peace in that for me. :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a really good one Maureen!

    ReplyDelete