Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lumpia's


Stephen has been wanting to have his football player friends over for lunch and I have been putting it off and putting it off for weeks now.  So, I finally decided I better feed those boys!  Heaven's knows their Mom's feed Stephen often enough.  So, we decided on Lumpia's.  Well, there are 6 hungry football players coming for lunch today but I will be gone so I got up early and made 40 Lumpia's and a pot of rice.  
  Here's my recipe...
The ingredients you see here is all you need.
Ground beef, cabbage, carrots, soy sauce, egg roll wraps and plum sauce.

1.Brown your groud beef in a skillet.

2.Grate 1 carrot per pound of beef and chop up 1/4 of head of cabbage per pound also.
3.Add to beef after draining beef and cook down vegies.

4. Add soy sauce and cook in to taste

5. Start filling and wrapping egg roll wraps (about 20 to a package)

6. Fill bottom of skillet with oil, olive oil, canola, or vegetable oil and begin frying both sides

They will look like this, fry on medium low heat.  Be careful, they cook quick
and will burn easily if you're not careful.

7. Layer on paper towels to soak up extra oil. 
And WHALA!
Delicioso! 
 Eat them with plum sauce (found in your asian food section)
Your kids will devour them....promise!

Now I'm tired and I need a NAP!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!



2 comments:

  1. Trying these tonight..they look really good..thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh...that looks soooooo good I have to try it.
    Hugs,
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete