Friday, February 18, 2011

72 hour food kits


Finally bought all the food for our 72 hour food kits.  For our family of 5 it cost me about $50.  And these kits will last up to a year.
This is how they look when they are all put together. Go HERE to see the demonstration and get the grocery list and menu for these kits. (The wing tip stove that is mentioned in the demonstration was not available at Emergency Essentials when I went there so I got the below stove instead).
I bought this little stand alone stove and 4 of the Heat Cell cans to use for heating up the little 7 oz cans of beanie and weanies and ravioli cans.  The cost of the stove was about $8 and the heat cell's were $3 ea.  They last up to 8 hours.

Here is another view of the stove. You open the top of the can and light it, like a candle. So, make sure you include matches.

We are in charge of a Ward Emergency Preparedness activity tomorrow and my booth will be 72 hour kits.  So, I will finish putting my food kits together as a demonstration.
And I will be done for the year!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I had a dream last night that we had to leave in a hurry and I was grabbing all of the food and clothed that I could in like 5 minutes. It was crazy. I woke up and thought, ummm 72 kits would have been good right about then. I need to update mine.

    ReplyDelete