Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Little Princess

I love this movie!

Today I brought my nephews downstairs to watch this movie with me.  It has been a very long time since I've seen it.  But, to my surprise just as it was getting good, it started to skip and stop playing.  The dvd was old and scratched.  However, I was reminded of the most important line in this movie that has stuck with me.  That line is, "all women are princesses, it is our right"!

I love this movie on so many levels!  For one, I love that this little girl Sara, has such an imagination that she seems to find beauty and strength no matter what her circumstances are.  She also has so much compassion for others. She notices right away that not "all" of the girls are treated like princesses and that confuses and saddens her. She also notices that not all little girls act like princesses and she is not afraid to point it out to them.  I love this little girl.  She is so awesome! 

I also love the way this movie takes me away.  Away to a place of beauty, and dreams!  I am sure that all little girls dream.  I certainly did.  What I dreamed about mostly when I was a young girl, is one day living this life that I am basically in now.  True story. But besides that, I am sure I dreamed when I was very little about magical things, but I honestly dont remember a lot of what I dreamed about back then and that makes me sad.  I think dreaming and imagining is so important.  I think it is also important to not take life too seriously especially as a child.  I remember my mother used to tell us stories when we were little and she taught us to dance and sing and that helped take us away to fun places. Because life was not always fun when we were little.  

Michael used to love for me to make up stories and I loved doing it.  When you make up a story, you can pretend whatever you can think of and make it turn out however you want it to.  It's the best!  I do remember enjoying writing stories when I was a young girl.  

Anyway, back to A Little Princess, I love the message of this movie...."All women are princesses, it is our right!"
And I'd like to add that it is also our obligation as daughters of God! 

I am a Princess and so are you!  

What did you dream about when you were little?

No comments:

Post a Comment