Friday, February 4, 2011

Love Then and Now


Yesterday I got a random email from an old flame.  It was nice to hear from him although I realized that I was only 18 when I dated him(wait a minute, on second thought I must have been 19 or 20, see how old I am?)  I can not beleive it has been that long ago.  Who was I back then?  Who was he?

It is interesting to me to look back on past loves now that I am the ripe old age of 47.  I often think to myself, "why dont I remember the realtionship I had with that person"?  I feel badly that I dont.  Was it because I was just too young and into myself to remember anyone else or was it because it was just so long ago and I have changed so much that I just can no longer relate?  Just an intersting question.  However, there are a few that although I was very young I will never forget because of the impression they had on this very vulnerable young girl.  Anyway, all I can remember about this young man is that he was cute and fun...knowing me at that age,that is probably all that mattered to me anyway:) 

Then as I think about my Love now, my sweet Valentine, I think, "wow, did I get lucky or what"?  All I can say is that I am sure happy that time has passed and that I let my Father in Heaven lead me to my Valentine instead of falling for what I thought I wanted and needed when I was too young and too immature to really know. 
Thank goodness there is someone who knows me better than I know myself.

Love back then was fun while it lasted.
Love Now will last Forever!

2 comments:

  1. I've always told my girls, who you pick to love will change with age..there is young love and there is forever love..there's a big difference :) age does give us some wisdom..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Willie Nelson Sang... to all the "men" I loved before"....lol Someitmes I look back and think to myself "What was I thinking! So glad we end up with the perfect men in our lives after all is said and done! Mike is just a great guy and perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete