Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Abuse I tell ya!

Okay, so I have been thinking about this for a little while now.  When I was in college I had a class where I had to do volunteer work at the local Children's Recieving home in Sacramento.  But before we could start working with the children there, we had to take a short training course.  One section of the course was on the awareness of Child Abuse.  It was so interesting to learn about.  One of the most interesting things that I learned during the course was that the most common form of child abuse is "Neglect".  I was surprised to hear this.  I had never considered neglect as being a form of abuse.  That just made me see the world so much more differently than I ever had before.

So, lately I have been thinking about my body and how I have been neglecting it and even abusing it by just putting whatever I have felt like putting into it without any thought about how good it is for me.  And how I have been neglecting to try and treat it as though it is something special, something beautiful and something worth investing time in.
And the other night the thought came to my mind...."ABUSE"!  That is when it hit me, I have been abusing my body and that is just not nice!  So, I am trying to be nicer to my body again and treat it kindly, and not be so hard on it, and love it, and talk nice about it, and just be good to it...by eating better, exercizing and getting plenty of sleep.  So, yesterday was my first day of exercizing and eating better and guess what I noticed?  I had soooo much more energy last night before I finally wound down to go to bed.  I was able to clean the house and get things in order for the next day!  Not something I was expecting to happen but this morning I feel so much more ready and in control to tackle another day.

No more Abuse I tell ya!  It's just not good and it has to stop!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment