Saturday, April 16, 2011

Staying in control

    Lately I have been feeling really out of control!  What does that mean anyway?  I mean some people are control freaks!  Me?  I am not a control freak.  However, I have learned over the many years that I have been alive that it is not good to just go with the flow and do whatever comes naturally.  No! This will get you into very big trouble!  So, there is a certain amount of control that every person needs in their lives.  Maybe it is "self discipline" I am really talking about.  Me?  I've lost it!  And when I do, I feel like crap!  Don't you?  But I refuse to let it get the best of me as I always have in years past.  Never give up, right? 

     So, self control, or self discipline, is the name of the game for me right now. Starting today.  I love the feeling of taking my time and doing what is most important and feeling in control of my emotions, my appitites, and my actions. This week was spring break and I have been hanging out with my kids of course. So, I've been sleepin in, exsessive spending, exsessive eating out, watching movies late at night and just being irresponsible! It's hard to NOT follow my teenagers and just have fun...because I am really just a teenager at heart!  Dont know if I ever will grow out of that...honestly.  However, that is the challenge for me.  To act like an adult (all the time) and control myself...because heavens knows that when you get to be my age...it starts to show! 


~Lisa

1 comment: