Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One lucky girl

 Well, valentines day is coming!  I've been thinking a lot about my valentine and how lucky I am to have him in my life.  I mean seriously, I've been thinking "how did I get so lucky?"  When I met "My Man" I was 25 years old.  It is a good thing I didnt meet him before then, for I needed at least that amount of time to do some growing up. 
I had done a lot of dating by then and I had come to an important conclusion.  I had decided for me that the kind of man that I wanted for my "Valentine" was a man who would put me second, yes, second only to God!  I had to know that he would always choose God's way even over mine.  I knew that if I found a man like this I could not go wrong.  Why? Because there was only one person I could truly count on and who would never hurt me or lead me astray and that was God.  So, i figured that if I found a man who put God first then I would know that he was the Man I could trust with my life.  And guess what?  I found him!  I found him! 
  So, right now I just want to appreciate how blessed I am.  I am married to a good, good man!  Yes, he is good.  Now, I didnt say "perfect", I said "good" and that is saying so much more these days.  He is true, he is faithful, he is tender, he is honest, and he is good!  Most importantly he is true to God.  That makes all the difference in the world to me and to our relationship. Yes, I am one lucky girl, and I know it...and I am thankful to God!

3 comments:

  1. I love that! I am so happy that you always seem to remember what a great husband you have cause it reminds me to do the same, One thing you can always be reminded of how great our husbands are is just by looking at our boys! what great examples we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post...You are very blessed..:)

    ReplyDelete