Friday, November 5, 2010

Women need Women

Okay, so I love my husband and I am thankful I married him.  He is a good man, a great father and even a trusted friend.  However, he is NOT a woman! 

Lately I have been overwhelmed by the love of the women in my life and have come to realize just how very important it is for me to have other women in my life.  You know I love Dr. Laura (not always, but usually) and last night I found her latest blog entry titled "Ya gotta have friends", in my inbox and thought it was interesting how she was thinking along the same lines as I was yesterday go HERE to read it. 

So, on Wednesday we had Activity Days with the 8-11 year old girls.  I work with our Stake President's wife who is the leader and we take turns conducting our meetings.  So, this month is on service and we have a very active bunch of girls. We had 12 on wednesday.  So, durning our opening exercises we got to talking about just how much heavenly father loves us and I started to get a little emotional and the girls got really quiet.  Then we each started talking about sharing the gospel and the girls kept raising their hands and just wanted to share and share.  This went on for some time.  And if I didnt stop them it would have gone into our activity time..so we finally stopped.  Then one of the girls asked me "why were you crying when we first started talking about this"?  So, we talked about the Holy Ghost and love and about how sensitive we Women are.  The girls got all cozy and loving with eachother and agreed that we women are sensitive and feel love so deeply that sometimes it makes us cry.  That was such a sweet special moment with these girls.


Yesterday  I came home to another package from my bff and in it she put a card and a gift to our family...just because...who does things like this other than women?  And what greater gift can a person give another than this great book!  Now we have it on CD!  I've always wanted to have it on CD.  Love that girl!

Then I got a sweet message from a young friend of mine who is struggling and striving to put her life in order right now and she wanted to share with me some good news about her success and I thought "wow"! How lucky am I to be able to be a part of this sweet girl's triumphs! 

Then last night I had the awesome privilege to attend a gathering for a sweet girl from home who dated our oldest son a few years ago who is now going to BYU and just recieved her mission call.  Mike and I were  the only "Old Foggie's" there...and I felt so excited to be a part of that great event as she opened her call.  Of course I cried like a baby and hugged her tight for her Mama, who I am sure was dieing that she could not be there in person.  We took a picture with the 2 of us crying ...women and their crying ...ya gotta love em!

Then there is another sweet young friend who lives in Ogden who is also from Sacramento who is now married with her own little sweet family.  She has invited me to come and speak to her RS sisters at a meeting next week.  Can I just say that I feel honored and privileged and at the same time....nervous as all get out!  But for her I would do anything..she is like a daughter to me...So I will try my best...

And then I have another sweet woman friend whom I have never met in person.  She may not know it but she is very special to me.  She is often the only person who makes comments on some of my silly entries both on fb as well as in the blog world. She is kind and dear, she is real and she is uplifting and inspiring.  She is a sweet friend and I love her.

And then there is my sweet Sophia whom I miss desparatley!  She is an angel and we get to have her here for Thanksgiving.  She is a ray of sunshine and love in our lives and how lucky am I to be able to be such a special part of her life..thanks to her sweet mother!

I am also blessed to have a wonderful mother, mother in law and 4 sisters and sisters in law who are always there for me who teach me so much and support me in all that I do. I used to think that I was missing out not haveing had daughters myself.  However, I honestly do not think I have missed out at all.  Women are so very important in our lives!  They enrich, they touch, they inspire, they listen and they love..in a special way that men do not.  Men, you cant live with them, and you cant live without them.  Women?  You just cant live WITHOUT!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa...you nailed it girl. Women do need other women. The loving friendship of another woman is better than chocolate...yeah you heard me right...I know...I never thought I would ever say such a thing but it is true....LOL The bond of another women is priceless. I too have some very special women in my life and cherish each one of them. Your family is filled with amazing women and I am so happy to have you all in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, isn't it funny how at different times in our lives we see the blessings that are staring us smack straight in the face? I loved this blog today. You are right we love the Men in our lives, but the Lord knew we would cherish our relationship with the women in our lives as well. Thanks for sharing such sweet blessing with all of us. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! I especially need this special woman who writes this blog. You continually inspire me! Love you. Your friend for always!
    Denisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!!! I'm so glad to have you as a friend, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you and your sweet self..Mostly I love having a pen pal that I feel a sweet connection to..you have become a friend I cherish..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this blog Lisa! You help me recognize things I might not normally. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All you women are the best! I am blest to have you all in my life! You're right Cricket, even better than Chocolate...and that is sayin' somethin'!

    ReplyDelete