Monday, July 11, 2011

GOING HOME

Well,  you might think that I am going overboard with Michael coming home and writing about all of my feelings and the anticipation all the time.  Well, that's the beauty of blogging or following blogs.  You don't always have to read what has been written!  However another very beautiful thing about blogging is that the blogger has the freedom of expressing herself however she sees fit.  For me, my blog is very much like a journal.  I most oft times write about my feelings ,during this journey I call my life, of any particular given experience I may be having at any given moment or time.  It's a great outlet for me and may or may not be interesting to anyone else. And that's okay.

I certainly don't want my life to just pass me by or to just get thru it.  I want to remember what it is I felt before, during and after.  I want to savor the good times and bask in the beauty of my most precious moments.
And right now I am basking in the beauty of having our first missionary come home from his mission.  I have been doing really well lately (besides a little bit of crying here and there) as I have been preparing.  However, yesterday right as RS started I began to cry, unfortunately I was conducting....not good.  The lesson was on Families.  It just hit me like a ton of bricks!  The spirit was so strong and I just could not hold the emotions any longer.  I was like a fountain over flowing.  The tears didn't want to stop. Well, by the end of the meeting I had finally gotten it together.....thank goodness!

I can only imagine what Michael must be feeling right now.  I remember coming home from my mission, I cried on the flight all the way home.  Today is Tuesday in Australia and so Michael probably didnt sleep much last night and is probably up early preparing to fly home.  That has got to be such a weird feeling for him.  He is probably feeling like he is leaving home again.  Australia has become his home.  Being a missionary has become who he is. The people he taught, the wards and his companions are his family he is leaving behind.  Such a sad time and yet so much joy awaits our son.  So many of us are so proud of him and all of his hard work!  We are so anxious to see him again, to be reunited with him again. To celebrate his success.  What a joyous occasion awaits us!  To be welcoming him home, for those of us  who have loved him all along.  Who have written to him and prayed for him and have patiently awaited his return.

This must be what it will be like when we return to our Heavenly Home.  When we pass on to the next life.  We will be so sad to leave our loved ones here behind, but so happy to be reunited with those we have missed and those we have loved all along.  To celebrate the hard work we have done here on this earth.

This truly is the true and living gospel on the earth today.  How eternally grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for the many many blessings that he has blessed me with.  For his goodness, his mercy his forgiveness and his unconditional love.  His Gospel truly is in it's fullness here on the earth.  The abundance of his love is truly felt in his church on the earth today.  There is so much he wants to give us if we just choose it.  Choose to believe and choose to follow in his ways.  I love him with all my heart and soul.  He is my greatest friend!

For Michael today there will be tears of sadness and tears of joy!  Tomorrow we welcome home ELDER MICHAEL NELSON......A FINE SERVANT OF THE LORD.....one of his SOLDIERS....and oh how PROUD WE ARE!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...I am excited for all of you..what a happy time..

    ReplyDelete